Digital Marketing Associate Director April 2020 – Present
Digital Marketing Manager October 2018 – March 2020
Product owner of Gartner’s public-facing web properties, responsible for identifying and prioritizing website changes, opportunities, and problems, and then setting prioritization for IT project managers and developers. Partner with the creative, marketing, and optimization teams to define design solutions to improve the user experience and lead quality.
- Leading a $1.6M+ initiative to launch international Gartner marketing sites on 10 top-level domains to drive SEO traffic and country-specific marketing activities in key sales regions. Scoped roles for the International Website team responsible for translation and interpretation of Gartner.com content onto country-specific TLDs.
- Oversee a 80k+ page corporate marketing site and 80+ individual conference sites that generated a combined 45M sessions in 2019 and 13M+ visitors in 2020.
- Established the Web Operations and Development team which plans and owns production work related to site integrations and daily maintenance. Across 2019 & 2020, the team grew from two members to eight and managed and executed 5k+ requests, two large-scale integrations, and multiple CMS consolidations.
- Relaunched Gartner’s in-language Japanese marketing site in April 2019 to match new corporate branding and apply stronger tracking; in the first year, sessions doubled and newsletter sign-ups increased by 260%. Launched Gartner’s in-language Chinese site in May 2020 which saw 11.4k sessions in the first 6 months.
CEB, now Gartner
Senior Web Designer January 2017 – September 2018
Web Designer October 2015 – December 2016
Associate Web Designer October 2014 – September 2015
Scoped, queued, assigned, and managed hundreds of web and digital requests per year supporting CEB’s public microsites, conference sites, email marketing, and intranet portals. Go-to designer for large-scale initiatives where planning, design, and development intertwined.
- Defined technical specifications as part of the content management system selection process for integrated Gartner and CEBGlobal websites; determined the templates and components required to migrate content from both sites into a cohesive interface. Across 2018, coordinated consolidation of nearly 10k public pages down to 800 high-value content pages and migrated the pages into one AEM instance. The consolidated Gartner.com realized a 3% traffic growth and 186% growth in leads YoY.
- Appointed as digital marketing lead during the Gartner visual rebrand initiative. Defined digital design requirements to meet web accessibility standards, create consistency in user interactions, and balance current design trends with established best practices to create a fresh look for all Gartner public web properties.
- Enabled distributed authoring by hosting training sessions on AEM; built a library of CMS documentation for teammates, contractors, and 100+ marketers; defined AEM templates for easy campaign page creation; and, hosted office hours for realtime guidance on building webpages.
- Improved inefficient processes by writing documentation, creating image resizing automation tools, and defining team operating procedures to ensure high-quality deliverables on time or ahead of schedule. Onboarded, coached, and oversaw queue for ten contractors and four entry-level teammates across 2016 and 2018.
additional relevant experience
Digital Marketing Consultant
Spot of Tea October 2016 – August 2018
Primary web development and digital marketing support for a small start-up; helped inform design identity for the company; created site architecture and user flows; revised SquareSpace templates to more closely resemble brand; monitored site traffic and provided content recommendations for SEO; and, taught business owners basic site maintenance.
Web Graphics Support Specialist
Prometric August 2013 – September 2014
Designed, coded, and maintained webpages; designed banner ads, logos, and other supporting web graphics; audited and updated pages for SEO; and, created print collateral including a library of company branded graphics to support promotional and proposal materials.
Seasonal Web Developer
Inspire Your People June 2013 – August 2013
Worked within LemonStand and WordPress to update and maintain the company’s portfolio of websites; created and scheduled daily HTML emails; maintained distribution lists; and, implemented Google Analytics tracking
education & certifications
B.A., Media Arts & Design
James Madison University
Pragmatic Marketing Certified: Foundations & Build
Pragmatic Institute, March 2019
Two seminars centered around product management focusing on identifying market need and planning development and resources appropriately.
User Experience Design
General Assembly, December 2018
Accelerated 1-week course covering topics related to UXD including research, information architecture, screen design, and usability.
General Assembly, June 2018
10-week course covering topics including digital channels, SEO, SEM, social marketing, email campaigns, and analytics.
skills & technology
Content Management Systems
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), SharePoint, SquareSpace, TeamSite, WordPress
Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD Axure, InVision, Marvel, Omnigraffle, Sketch
Eloqua, Google Analytics, SnapApp, Vidyard
HTML, CSS, JQuery Libraries
Project Management Platforms
Basecamp, Google Tables, Jira, Trello, Workfront, Workgroups
CrazyEgg, Google Optimize, Hotjar, Optimizely